- Economic Dynamics
Space applications in Midi-Pyrenees, a regional strategic sector with international influence.
A booming industry:
- 12,000 jobs in the field of space - 1,700 jobs dedicated to applications
- Well-structured organization, sector mobilized around a blueprint of "Midi-Pyrenees, Space at your service"
- Toulouse, headquarters of the Aerospace Valley global competitiveness cluster for Aeronautics, Space, Embedded Systems.
A wide range of complementary skills:
A range of services to address societal issues focused on users’ needs:
- Transportation, mobility, logistics, sustainable development
- Agriculture, fishing, environment and land-use management
- Defense and Security (land/air/sea)
- Recreation, access to information
A dense network of qualified SMEs:
Noveltis, Novacom Services, Polestar, Navocap, Geosys, Magellium, Nav On Time, Camineo, Artal Technologies, Silicom, Novamems, M3Systems, ...
Competitiveness clusters, networks and structures dedicated to the sector:
- Aerospace Valley World Competitiveness Cluster
- Galaxie Club
- Space in Midi-Pyrenees, "Midi-Pyrenees, Space at Your Service" blueprint
- Polaris Midi-Pyrenees
- Nereus Network
Top French cluster for research and higher education dedicated to aeronautics and space:
- More than 18,000 students trained every year in the aerospace sector
- Two of the three major French aeronautical engineering schools: ISAE (leading world complex for aerospace training and research bringing together Supaero - Ensica) and ENAC are in Midi-Pyrenees
- Initial training for careers in aeronautics: ENSEEIHT, EMAC, ENIT, INSAT, UPS, TBS
- IAS: Aeronautics and Space Institute
- "Space High School": First French institution dedicated to space
- An ambitious project: Toulouse Montaudran Aerospace
State-of-the-art research and development
50% of French researchers in the field of aeronautics and space work in Midi-Pyrenees (public research).
A research offer covering the entire network of innovations: from upstream research with RTRA STAE and Aerospace Valley to industrial R&D, including technological research with the new IRT (Institute for Technological Research) Aeronautics, Space and Embedded Systems.
The Midi-Pyrenees region is home to world-renowned research institutions:
- LAAS (Laboratory for Analysis and Architecture of Systems /CNRS) - The largest laboratory of automatic systems CNRS, IT, Micro-electronics
- ONERA (The French Aerospace lab) - The ONERA Toulouse Center initiates and conducts research to meet the requirements of the aerospace industry
- IRIT (Toulouse Institute for Research in Computer Science) - One of the highest potentials for research in computer science in France, bringing together more than 230 researchers and academics
- Paul Sabatier University (University of Science) - major laboratories such as Center for the Study of Space and Radiation, Center for the Study of Space and the Biosphere, Laboratory of Geophysics and Oceanographic Studies from Space, and 6 graduate schools
- Clément Ader Institute: Internationally renowned research center specializing in the study of structures, systems and mechanical processes
- Midi-Pyrenees Observatory: Unified organization of 8 laboratories covering all the areas of Science of the Universe, Earth and Environment.
Key events in the space sector
A "must see" professional event in Toulouse
Toulouse Space Show, European event dedicated to space and space applications bringing together all players in the field of space - biennial in June, Toulouse, alternating with the Paris Airshow.
Toulouse Space Show 2014: 1,500 participants - 52 countries.
Find Midi-Pyrenees Expansion at numerous trade shows in the sector
- Paris Airshow: Event dedicated to the aerospace industry and latest developments and innovations in the sector - biennial - June.