The demographic vitality of Midi-Pyrenees makes it one of the most dynamic regions of France.
- 2,944,157 inhabitants
- An average annual growth rate of over 1.2 % over the last ten years, one of the highest in France
- 3.6 million inhabitants in Midi-Pyrenees by 2040.
- The second most attractive region of France, with 32,000 new residents each year on average for 10 years.
- Life expectancy higher than the national average: 84.8 years for women (France: 84 years) and 79 years for men (France: 77 years).
- Toulouse: 4th largest French city with over 440,000 inhabitants.
Population by age bracket
Source: INSEE, Data 2010
Population by Department and growth since 1999
Sources INSEE, 2009 data.
Population of towns (urban areas)
|Urban area||Number of inhabitants|
Source: INSEE, Data 2009