"The land is fertile here. Ideas circulate and come to fruition here. People smile here because they are aware of their strong points. Midi-Pyrenees, in its authenticity and creativity, is not only the largest region in France, but it is also unique; driven by the love of challenges and encounters; open to the world. Welcome to Midi-Pyrenees. Welcome to south-west France."
President of Midi-Pyrenees Region
Midi-Pyrenees, the 2nd most attractive region in France
- 32,000 new residents per year
- 3rd French region for international investment
- 4 competitiveness clusters, including a global one
- Toulouse, the city with the highest growth rate in France
A region and a city acclaimed every year in opinion polls
- Trendeo (2012): Midi-Pyrenees in the top four of the most job-creating regions
- APEC (2012): Midi-Pyrenees ranked 2nd in France for its attractiveness and quality of life by young professionals and graduates
- Le Journal des Entreprises (2012): leading city for its economic dynamism, job-creation, management jobs, housing and third city for per capita GDP.
- www.letudiant.fr (2012): Best city to study in
A region with a strong international culture
- 120,000 foreign residents
- International institutions serving children of expatriates, from primary school to university entrance:
- 34 consulates or consular offices
- More than 400 foreign companies employing nearly 60,000 people.